The Future of the Finance Function Survey 2016 was completed by more than 760 senior finance members from across the globe, making it one of the largest and most authoritative studies of its kind. And it didn’t disappoint in terms of its findings.
As finance professionals we are facing some of the most demanding and challenging conditions for decades and the survey brings into sharp relief the progress we have made along the modern finance journey, namely:
• Striving to be better business partners
• Nurturing new finance talent to meet the exceptional demands of the digital economy
• Guiding imaginative strategies and innovation
• Standardising and automating core finance processes and linking them to back office systems
• Learning how to manage and analyse the burgeoning volume and variety of data.
The Future of the Finance Function Survey 2016, highlights that wherever finance professionals happen to be situated in the world and no matter what industries they serve, we all share the same ambitions and hurdles.
The findings illustrate that for most of us the limiting factor is time, but encouragingly the survey also points to the way forward for the finance function of the future.